Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Load trade agreements using Excel add-on

Today, a colleague asked me to help loading trade agreements. I tried Excel add-on and there is a little trick. When I opened in Excel the PriceDiscAdmTrans table where the trade agreements reside, got an error
Here is what I did:
  1. 1     Manually create a trade agreement in AX and take a note of the journal number. Leave lines blank.
    2.  Go to AOT and modify the followings on the usr layer 
    a.       Go to table PriceDiscTable, Indexes PriceDiscIdx, change AlternateKey to Yes
    b.      Go to table PriceDiscTable, Properties, change ReplacementKey to PriceDiscIdx
    c.       Save changes
    d.      Click Generate incremental CIL button
    3.  Now use Excel add-on to populate the fields for table PriceDiscAdmTrans and you should be good to go. See my previous post on how to work with the Excel add-on.
    4. After all this of course remember to delete all changes on the usr layer and re-compile.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I followed the steps mentioned above. Still i'm facing the same problem. Can you please help me to sort out the problem.
    Thanks in advance....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have developed my own trade agreement upload utility in Ax 2012.

    You can have a look on it here:
    http://thedynamicsblog.com/trade-agreement-data-import-utility/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thank you for providing the information about load ing trade agreements using Excel add-on in Microsoft dynamics ax system. Thank you for your help with this!

    ReplyDelete